Melody's Famous Pad Thai
Stir-fried rice noodles with shrimp and fresh vegetables
|30 minutes||30 minutes||One hour||Two servings|
|Vegetable oil||1 tbsp|
|Fish sauce||3 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tbsp|
|Peanut butter||1 tbsp|
|Rice noodles||8 oz|
|Peanuts, crushed||0.25 cu|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp|
|Green onion||1 cu|
|Ginger, fresh||1 tbsp|
|Brown sugar||3 tbsp|
|Red pepper flakes||1 tsp|
|Cilantro, fresh||0.5 cu|
- Boil water and add noodles, stirring occasionally.
- Cook to al dente, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Beat eggs in small bowl with a pinch of salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter, sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, shrimp, salt, and diced white portions of green onions.
- Scrape shrimp mix to side of pan, add beaten eggs, and fry for one minute.
- Add four tablespoons oil to pan, add noodles and fish sauce mixture.
- Toss together with green onions cut in 1-2 inch pieces.
- Serve topped with cilantro, crushed peanuts, and lime wedges.
Subscribe to my mailing list
Get my latest recipes and ideas delivered right to your inbox